Monday, July 1, 2013

Camp

I just got back from the best week of my life.

Such an amazing experience that I am searching for words to describe it and failing to find any.

The week's theme was "exchanged".

My sin for his righteousness.
My works for his grace.
My selfishness for his servant-hood.
My fear for his peace.

This week I exchanged what I have for myself for what God has for me.

The camp that I went to is a church camp, and I went with my youth group from my church.

Most people's best friends are not usually from their youth group.

Mine are. Weird isn't? I've never really thought about it, but those at my church are my best friends, and their best friend is me. Sure, we have friends outside of church, but none that compare to those at our church.

So imagine spending a week with your very best friends who encourage you, inspire you, are the most fun to be around, love the Lord, and simply are amazing.
Ugh my eyes are sort of closed! WHATEVER. (you  can tell I am the short one in the group)
These are the best friends that I've grown up with and I know I can tell them everything and when they respond, they respond with encouragement and advice that can't compare to any other.

I don't think anyone can understand how purely amazing it is until you've experienced for yourself.

This week I learned so much. Spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally. I built new relationships with people that I had just sort of been acquaintances with, and now we are closer than ever before. I also became even closer (is that possible?) to some of my best friends. I grew in Christ and in relationships with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

The camp I went to was Camp Crossings. I have actually been before. This year was my third year. The first year I went was when I was going into 8th grade. That year was outstanding. Nothing compares. Last year was great, but compared to the year before it was a slight let down. This year blew me away.

So many things happened while I was there-good and bad.
But now I know that God makes all things work together for my good.
Even if he changes my plans, he is making way for even better ones.

I am still struggling with some things though. There are a lot of things going on in my life now that cause me to worry and be mad at God. "Why is this happening to me?"

But now I know that everything happens for the good.

I am going through some hard times, and so are some of my friends. You know in every group of people, there is one person whom everyone comes to to cry with, talk to, and ask for advice. That person is me.
I love being that person. I get to help people so often, and it is great to know that people look forward to hearing what I say and that it matters to them.
But when you've got stuff of your own going on, that means you are carrying your own burdens. But when people come to you, you start carrying their burdens too.
It's not all a bad thing, in fact it is a good thing. But sometimes it can just simply be emotionally draining.
I need to ask you for your prayers. Prayers that I can have wisdom for my own issues. Pray that I have a peace and joy with whatever God has in store for me. Pray that I have wisdom to help my friends and that they find peace and joy in whatever God has for them.

This week I can honestly say changed my life-for the better! From zip-lines, to tubing. From blobbing on the lake, to bazooka ball (it's like intense paintball-but without the pain and the paint). From kayaking, to a giant Just Dance party on the basket ball courts one night. From boy crushes, to laughing so hard you can feel a six-pack coming on. From tears because you realize just how great God is, to coffee four times a day. From into the night cuddle talk sessions with friends, to singing in the worship center every night. From hearing from a great camp pastor, to being able to give money to help build camps like these in Haiti. All of it was an amazing experience.



Check out the Crossings website. If from what you read here, and what you see there, you can see it is truly awesome. Interested? If you are in a youth group why not mention it to your youth pastor? In college? Become part of the AWESOME staff there. Have a child or a friend in the youth group? Chaperone their trip!
Tubing! EW. Look at those awful arm muscles.
Thought I would share about my amazing experience with you!
God bless you and many more posts coming soon.

P.S. Followers! Followers are great ya know? I know some people read my blog, but it would be pretty dang awesome if that little widget on my side bar would quit saying "no followers yet! Be the first!". You be the first! Thanks for even taking time to read my blog! It means a lot!


1 comment:

I love hearing from ya'll! So please leave a comment. Feedback, thoughts, anything! Make me smile! Honestly, comments make my day.