Saturday, August 10, 2013

graceful

I have recently come across a life-changing book.

My friend's mom found it, my friend read it, and immediately let me borrow. Then another one of our friends borrowed it. Then another. I swear it's becoming the sisterhood of the traveling book.
But that's only because it's so good.
"Graceful", written by Emily P. Freeman is a book for young woman about letting go of your try-hard life.


It's for the good girl. Not necessarily the one who does all the good things, but the one who so desperately wants to do so.

"For the quiet girl who sits in the back, the loud girl who thinks she should be different...For the daughter who just wants to please her parents, the student who wants to do it right....For the athlete, for the star...For the worried and the hurried and the sweet smile fakers...For the girl who is tired of trying...For the girls who win and those afraid to fail...For the girl who knows everything and nothing...
There words are for you."
-Emily P. Freeman



This book, I can honestly say, changed my life. To know that I don't have to be perfect, that I am wanted and loved, that God has a plan for me, that all I need is God's GRACE, is more than I could ever want.

For the girl's who just want to be perfect (whether you think that way or not) I highly suggest reading this book. Some this book will apply to, some it won't.

After my mom saw how much I loved this book, she bought me my own copy. I've marked and noted that thing up. It looks used for sure. Used books are a beautiful thing. 

I knew I had to share with you guys how wonderful this book is. I hope you consider giving it a read. It can apply to any girl from as early as possibly middle-school, all the way up to college, or even maybe college graduates.

If you don't know if you'll read that book yet, Emily has a great blog where she blogs about lots of different things. You should go and check it out!  You'll love it! She is a brilliant woman who has really encouraged me.

If you stop by her blog, make sure to let her know I sent you! Leave a comment saying I sent you and my blog link so she will know it was me! 

Love you girls!

xoxo
Sarabethy

6 comments:

  1. When you commented on my post about what i'm looking forward to in the fall, what number did you mean to put down? Cuz you put #8, but I only had five things!! lol

    Btw, you are adorable and I loove your profile pic! Wow you look like Sadie!!! ;)

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s.

      and for heavens' sakes i thought i was following you, but alas i wasn't! so now i am!!!! woot woot!!! ;)

      Delete
    2. p.p.s

      now i wanna check out that book and blog!!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. hahaha you crack me up!!!! well thanks for clarifying!!!!! ;)

    love,
    manda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing book I'll have to check out! Thanks for sharing. Just blog hopping and found you. I absolutely love swimming. I'm looking forward to reading more. :) Much love XOXO Heather @ http://weareadifferentkindofwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya'll! So please leave a comment. Feedback, thoughts, anything! Make me smile! Honestly, comments make my day.