Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Post-Holiday Helper-Outer

Now, I know how it is. The holidays end, and after several weeks of Christmas cookies, eggnog, hot chocolate, turkey, ham, dressing, bread, candy, chocolate, and every other possible holiday treat you could imagine, we all feel pretty ick. Really ick. Bloated, unhealthy. You want to feel better and eat better but don't even know where to start and those Christmas leftovers are sitting in the fridge calling your name. Maybe you're exhausted too. Late nights of shopping and time with the family can be pretty tough after a week of it. Those bags under your eyes aren't designer, no matter what anybody says.
That's where I am here to help. I fall hook, line, and sinker for all the junk of the holidays and even though it is enjoyable, afterwards it's not very fun. But, there are ways to get back to feeling and looking much healthier and rested and maybe even loose a few pounds and gain a few muscles.
I have some steps for you guys on how to detox from the holidays and a few at home workouts that can give you a bit of a head start on that new years resolution.
Here are a few tips I made to help you to get back into routine and healthy happy spirit.



Those tips are a little booster to a healthier and rejuvenated you. If you follow all these steps (no cheating), you'll be surprised at how much better you feel.

If you want to go crazy and actually start doing what you keep telling yourself you will do, then do a workout. You do not have to be in super shape to do these, no equipment is required, no gym, no nothing. Once you start doing it, you're there, you've done something. The hardest part is actually getting started. The very hardest part. Every time I stand on the edge of that pool, my mind screams "don't get in! It will be awful! It will be so hard! And besides, you have so much other stuff you could be doing". But once I ignore that little voice, and swim a lap, I'm not gonna stop because I am already in. And even if I did quit at that point, I actually did something, which is way more than I would have done if I had just stood at the edge of the pool. Trust me when I say this, the hardest part of a workout is getting off the couch and getting started. 
But...I don't have a workout for you guys yet! Start following those steps above, and in a couple days start on my workouts once they are posted. It's a new year! Make it different! Make it better! If there is ever a time for a change, it's now.



 

3 comments:

  1. I've set a goal to lose at least 10 lbs before graduation in May, and its helped me to stay on track! I started Monday working out, and tonite I worked out for an hour. :) I'm determined to live a more healthier lifestyle!!!

    Love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. can you give me a link to your workout??? thanks!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble posting the workouts today! Don't know what was up. But I will hopefully be able to get them up tomorrow or the next day.

      Delete

I love hearing from ya'll! So please leave a comment. Feedback, thoughts, anything! Make me smile! Honestly, comments make my day.