Monday, June 17, 2013

Endless


Summer.
Everybody looks forward to it.
{If you don't you have issues}
Summer is loved because it is freedom.

Even if you may not say it that way, we enjoy summer because we are free.
No annoying school deadlines, late night study sessions, nothing to keep you from having fun, doing what you want to do, and being who you want to be.
BLISS

Do you feel like sometimes you live for "summer"?
Not necessarily the season, but more of the state of mind?
For me, summer is more of a state of mind.
We go through each day, but the only thing that gets us through is the thought that something better, freeing, and blissful comes after all this hard work.

We look forward to summer, and we think in our minds, "FINALLY. Now I can do what I want, go where I want. Be free. BE ME. Live life for fun. Nothing to worry about, all fun in the sun."

Do you ever feel disappointed?

Because I do.

Summer has become something different entirely over the years.
Nothing is wrong with it, but I feel it leaves us with unrealistic expectations of what lies ahead of us. 
Nothing is wrong with having fun during the summer, and even though sometimes summer doesn't end up exactly the way I wanted it, I end up leaving it full of joy. It is always fun. We are free. We are happy. Summer is wonderful.
But there is something to be said about only living for what is coming next.
I feel like maybe we should live every single day like it is summer.

Why can't we capture that sun and surf those waves every day?

Instead of living life like you are lost at sea, waiting endlessly until you find the shore full of celebration, warmth, and hope, dance on the wet sand.


Enjoy the summer that you are living in right now.

Make every day a party.

Every day is warmth.

Instead of riding the faris wheel, with your only goal being to get to the top, try finding the beauty all around the circle.

1 comment:

  1. I love summer too. And, I absolutely love those tie-dye t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from ya'll! So please leave a comment. Feedback, thoughts, anything! Make me smile! Honestly, comments make my day.